Monday, January 3, 2011

Night Shift

Gopal Trital, 16 Nov 2010

It's a long duty and I need to be awake for twelve hours, when every other countrymen are lost in their dreams. Yet, I feel lucky enough, at least, luckier than who can't sleep, not because they suffer insomnia, but because they suffer pain, some are crying in hunger, someone might have lost their dear ones, and someone might be shivering of cold winds....at least I am luckier.

Yes, I too may have complains..that I don't get good pay for my hardwork or not a good contract to work for or not a good work to do...but what about those Rickshaw pullers who labored hard all day long and couldn't even arrange for a medicine for his son..and how about those labors in Saudi Arabia or Qatar who works overtime with minimum pay for they need to pay off their high interest loan......and not a good work?? How about those who work in Medial laboratory, peeking into all kinds of human excreta and throwings.......

My job is far luxurious than what 70% of world do....and still I complain...coz..I have this habit to look up...track those 30% who show up their high living standards in TV, Magazines and everywhere...

This moment, when I am sitting alone and writing this blog, I feel like I am the King of this world, for all my fellow citizen are sleeping, and I am enjoying this comfort to express my feelings...and I can do whatever I like to do...and what they can't do at this moment.

I love writing but I often write stupid and meaningless stuffs..and I still believe..."every new thoughts are considered stupid in our society".

1 comment:

  1. You very lucky..besides all the suffering you mentioned in the text, one important thing is you dont have powercuts during night shifts…and we sweat like pigs..unslept..and working the next day…


    Chetana Bhandari

    ReplyDelete

Your comments here / You may post your comment as an anonymous...