Monday, January 3, 2011

My theory of Unconditional Love

Recently, I was asked to 'enlighten’ my theory of love viz. Unconditional love.

I often don't get appropriate words to express my feelings and this is the reason, I see myself misunderstood. I didn't have words to explain the term 'unconditional'.

When you ask me about love, you expect me to show references to a lover, girl friend or a wife. But is the term love so 'limited' to define only the relationship levels between boy friends and girl friends or wife and husband?

I apologize, here's where I feel lagged behind. The term Love for me is something that inspires me, makes me happy from within and a boon for my life. When I talk about love, I talk about soul elements, not the physical expressions or feelings that you count wise or wrong. This inspiration can come from anyone - a mother, father, sister, girl friend or wife or whoever. I am talking about love - not the relationship, not the physical terms and conditions, and not about the brains.

When love is unconditional, it doesn't matter if you are rich or a poor, dumb or a clever, illiterate or a genius. It doesn't fluctuate with the distance and is immortal. For instance, I loved my grand ma when I was two years old, when I knew nothing. I grew up enough to get my first job, knew about computers, earned college degrees, and still I loved my grand ma. It's been more than two years now that my grand ma left me away, and still I love her. This is what I call Unconditional love.

Well, had my Grandma been alive, she would have better tackled the situation with her inspiration that still makes me believe "unconditional love" exists.

Some people believe that "Unconditional love" exists only with parents. But I don't agree. Again, this is a soul thing. You believe it or not, some souls are interrelated for ages, and it doesn't matter what relation you are in.

One has to be the luckiest being on earth to have someone whom he/she can love unconditionally. Again, you cannot love someone unconditionally with your conscious efforts. It comes from your soul not the brain, not even from the heart.

Compromises, egos and brainy things manifest when the relation between two individual is defined by brains and perspectives. I might say - I fell in love with a girl, later - might get married to her, have good relationships with her, share my every feelings but still....that relation might still not be an "unconditional". And this is all normal. UNCONDITIONAL anything is so rare. And, it needs a perfect coincidence for a 'mate' to carry the long-aged interrelated soul.

I accept. I may be wrong. A definition varies with personal perspectives. And, I realize, I am the luckiest for I got to meet my long-aged souls as my grand ma in the past and as my soul-sister in the present. These two people make me believe "Unconditional love" exists.

The love you talk about, and talked about, sorry, it was not the love I was trying to explain about. You meet someone, like something about him/her, have physical attractions, you have feelings that seem linked with his/her heart, and you give a name to this all........"Relationship"......So, the love you talk about is "Relationship thing" not the unconditional love I tried to talk about. Yes, if there’s the soul thing in your relationship...Unconditional term DOES EXIST.

2 comments:

  1. Gopal, I believe the greatest love affair you can have is with yourself. Once you have unconditional love for yourself (forgiving yourself for any wrongdoings in the past, etc.) than that love can be extended outward on onward into the future. much love, Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya i do agree that love should not be limited within wife n husband, girl friend and boy friend.... beside this relation, we have so many relations not only with human, family, friends, etc but with animals, birds, n nature who ultimately gives unconditional love to us.
    - Jaya

    ReplyDelete

Your comments here / You may post your comment as an anonymous...