Saturday, December 2, 2017

You are an exception

Imperfect was, and is, my kingdom, with memories of broken past,
and fake lights of illusions, that I thought were my stars.
Roads where I walked alone, how they tore me apart,
with disbelief, doubts and grief, that no longer I could trust or walk.
Yet, through the tunnel perhaps, light then seemed somewhere near,
slowly healed by and for a change, an exception surfaced clear.
You are an exception.This is all about you, yes, you.
You are an exception, you bombard the affirmation,
and now, I've begun to see the real inside you
without the veneer of pseudo expressions.

These twists and turns, however, 
still conspire redefining and ruining my kingdom.
Yet, in faith, blind one perhaps, I continue to hail, 'You are an exception'.
Would these bewildering roads end here?
Or somewhere far still lies the world unreal?
For my eyes closed, with the chosen blinkers, 
I know, "You are an exception".

For I've chosen to see the real inside you
without the veneer of pseudo expressions,
or perhaps, with my presumptuous real presence with you,
contriving to not adapt with my layers, 
I would wear these blinkers, and I would walk the road through the tunnel.

But I've now crossed the stars to rename my kingdom, 
to hail you loud, and clear,
'You are an exception'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments here / You may post your comment as an anonymous...