Sunday, August 4, 2013

"You are not alone, My Son"


03 August '13

Malekhu

On my way to Manakamana; somewhere at Malekhu, our bus stopped for a small break. While almost all my fellow passengers were busy ordering food for themselves, my eyes were searching for something that I always search for when I hold my cam - human emotions.

And, there was this family, of strangers, playing with their cute little child. So, I got that thing, something that my cam wants to click.... something that my lens is quite accustomed to, to translate human emotions into pictures.

Father - Child relationship.

Oh, father-child relationship is something that can't be described in words, and how special is that feeling of being cared by a father, that secured feeling of holding his guiding fngers, that unconditional bond, and that precious pat on your shoulder and his divine voice "You are not alone, My Son. "

It's unfortunate though, that my own relationship with my father was soured by the passage of time, and now, only a fringe glimpses of long-lost past memories do visit me sometimes, which I quickly choose to hide deep inside a treasure box held safely in an unexplored layers of my heart.

Now, I can't change my past; I no longer wish to judge who was wrong and why he chose to change his direction into an anonymous land of uncertainty where I could never step in, and why he could never step back.

Now, all I can do is try and be a good man, be someone who can then be a good father, and someone who would not choose to step into an anonymous land of uncertainty leaving behind his little child in hopes and tears.

Yes, someday, I WILL be a good father, to share a life-long bond of father-child and I promise I would never be away from my child, which would probably then help me recover from my past - something that still haunts me at times, that I still wish to have him beside me to give a soft pat on my shoulder - "You are not Alone, my Son".

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments here / You may post your comment as an anonymous...