Friday, April 20, 2012

Ten minutes - Self-Assignment!

Ten minutes. What can I write in Ten minutes.

On contrary to a popular belief that we can't develop our creative skills while working busy in the office, this is a self-assignment that I have assigned to myself to write something, whatever, in 10 minutes of self-created free time.

Ten minutes; out of which around 1 minute has already been wasted; seems quite less time to descibe about my feelings. I won't be able to explain about my friends, relatives or anyone around.

While I am writing this, I am also listening to a FM Radio by my side which is playing loud with news from politics. Constitution; (or a khichidi ?)- by Political parties; protests and descrepancies.

The other day I asked an old woman of my grandma's age, who waits for me to have a dinner everyday at her small shop besides my office, if she has any idea if our constitution would be made on time; she replied, "who cares". Same was the reply from her young daughter.

I questioned to myself, if it makes any difference to me, the answer was yes, but I couldn't convince them about how important consitution is even for them. I gave a try. I tried explaining them about how the price of everything would hike up if consititution is not drafted and if there happens to be an instability in a country, but that didn't help coz they had a strong point to defend.

"My son fought for Maoist with a dream to do something for the country, they showed us hopes, gave us confidence until they tagged my son as disqualified. Now, we have no hopes from leaders who are just good in giving lectures."

Two minutes left to 10 minutes; I'm trying to type my words as fast as I can, but still, Iwon't be able to portray the feeling of that old woman. Her son was depressed, always talks about suicide. He spent his golden age  to fight for Maoist, was deprived of education coz of war, doesn't have any employment now; and everyday when I pay 100 Rs. for my dinner, it still is insufficient for this family to feed their four members.

I don't have enough time now, 'm approaching the self-assigned deadline; that's a good excuse for me, for I don't have more words to write about the pain that this old woman hides behind her smile. It's not about time, it's not if I want to write, I can't write.

End of 10 minutes!


Same old woman who I call Aama - who runs a small food shop besides my office