Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Time off from Facebook!


I reiterate,

Everything buzzes around; people, friends, fake friends, named friends, relatives, colleagues, known strangers, complete strangers; even in Facebook. Their laughter, sadness, complains, cries, pain creates a loud, too loud, noise. Wherever I go, follows this noise. I ignore my malady, my inability to fix the practicalities of my life, when I’m one of the sounds in this noise.

And then, every evening when I get back to my room; noise stops, silence brings out the real person in me; to question my steps and actions. I find no words to answer the question within me. Silence echoes back.

Noise continues. – FB Post: 15 April 2012


For few months now, I wish to be away from this noise. I will not be posting anything on my facebook, except my blog posts that will be shared from my blog site.

However, I won’t be deactivating my Facebook; I will be ON at my blog; and whatever I need to write, whatever picuture I need to post; or whatever creative stuffs I wish to try at, I will share it all on my blogspot.

Deactivation of Facebook is not necessary for me; for that’s the only window from where world hears my voice; but yes, no more status updates or posts in Facebook.

For everyone with intense curiosity as to why such a weird decision had to be taken, I want to give some free sky to my creative skills including my written work. I have realized that most of my time in facebook is spent for either chatting or checking others’ stuffs, funny pictures, unnecessary jokes and people’s perceptions. More than a platform to learn about people, it has gradually been a subject of addiction.

This does not necessarily mean that my facebook friends or groups are writing or sharing a waste; many of their posts inspire, motivate and have helped me to learn. I regularly check updates from few of my facebook friends who are really good in their skills; and their perceptions towards the surrounding are quite motivating.

However, my own writing skill has degraded over the time. I have one of those minds that easily get influenced; and I can’t excel when my influenced mind starts comparing my own creation with others’ work. Over the time, this may prove to be a wrong step taken; but this is how I feel I can do better. I love to think differently and have my own point of view which is being overtaken by the views and thoughts of others.

This is not a retirement from Facebook, and that’s the reason why I’m not deactivating it. I’m just giving myself some time off from this loud noise, to regain the power I had.

Facebook – I will be back soon.

Sayonara!







1 comment:

Your comments here / You may post your comment as an anonymous...