Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Beyond the lectures...

Everyday, I sit for a while, thinking about how our lives, throughout the world, have changed, in the past few decades. I still remember I used to get amazed by a telephone set when I was a little kid; today, I talk to my sister, face to face, living thousand miles away in a different time zone than mine, without a cable, or a penny to spend.

I get fascinated by these luxeries of Gyeser, Wirless Internet, Mobiles, Cams, n even that digital speedometer on my bike; and it feels like we are slowly closing the gap between the supernatural and the science.

But, somewhere, all these amazements tend to turn into frustrations when I can't breathe free and pure in streets of this busy city; I can't see river, but a flow of garbage everywhere; I don't see trees but buildings packed to fit a huge, too huge, population of only one species of organisms on Earth-Humans. And, the worst, we are getting emotionally distant to understand each other. I read, it's same everywhere in the world.

I wonder, how would my grandsons of grandsons react to this decision of mine - of misusing every tiny bit of gift I get from the nature. I wonder, if they would even exist, or would they leave for a strange planet - a new Earth, after their fathers would end this up.

Frankly, I see no hope that we would be able to sustain; the way I see there's no way out for the problem of poverty coz desires have no limits;

But, there could still be a way out; out of this Earth, coz, in Science we believe, and, the best is yet to be discovered. It has always been that way. Galilio, the better Newton, the better Einstein, the better Quantam Mechanics, the better ....

That being said, I'm sure my grandsons of grandsons would still long for a beautiful planet like this, and they would curse us for everything we're doing rite now.

Then, I can't help but compare how relevant are those mathematical definitions, English idioms, Ecological objective questions, quizzes of economy, theories of European sociologists and raswa n dirgha of Nepali that I am learning (or just following?) everyday, to earn handsome grades (that's how they track if we're following them right); n how would these Grades ensure that my generations of generations would remain.

Probably, yeah, Grades might help, there might be a logical pathway to justify these Grades. i definitely need to ask this to my teacher (provided s/he doesn't get irritated), for it's believed that the teacher knows all -correct answers, right?

And, as I start to yawn after a series of boring lectures, somewhere, I feel, we lack that power, power to think beyond this class; beyond this lecture n beyond the book-colonized-thoughts;
we probably lack effective actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments here / You may post your comment as an anonymous...