Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Midnight Rumination

We might have lived here for millions of years, walked, ran or jumped in jest, been kings, slaves, crooks or sage, or the lion, bird or a snail, perished or preyed. Yet, all we have now is a remnant, this mere life, and a dream that appears big enough to chase. Enter another, this too might all be a void.
As I disappear every night into the abstract darkness, with futile attempt to understand the answer to the unanswerable, it seems to me that I must have been born a million times - with this consciousness in different identities. Why is it that I'm here again rambling in the incessant orbit of life? Much as absurd it might seem, a distant nonchalant version of me out there in the universe might just be laughing at me for my trivial ambitions.
Yet, do I have a choice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments here / You may post your comment as an anonymous...