Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cool evening ride....


Had been a long boring day....did everything that I could do, being at Home. Defeated Paraguay and Norway in FIFA World Cup Football matches, of course in a PC game, raced high enough to get myself to the no.1 spot in NEED FOR SPEED game and yup! defeated every teams in CRICKET 2000. Listened to some 2o songs since I woke up and defragmented my hard drive too...but that didn't help in anyway to fill in for this long boring day. Thought to watch India vs Bangladesh World Cup match, but I soon found myself lost in dream. At least, dreams were so nice till I woke up to find that Indians were much ahead in runs.

I looked at my bike and I felt like it too was getting rusty being stranded in that position for more than 14 hours. Got a feeling that it was asking me for a small break, so what then, we thought to have a small ride, yup, me n my bike...

Four directions to chose for this small ride, and I headed towards South towards the Indian border. I might have been through this route for hundreds of time...but today I felt so different. I was speeding on the lowest speed of 25-30 km/hour (might be the lowest speed that I ever been on bike) watching everything around me, enjoying every bits and bytes of highway life, observing some known and some unknown faces.

It was almost evening, with sun just about to set on my west, the sky was looking damn beautiful with red and yellow colors spread far like a professional painter's creation. People were cycling hard to get back to their places from work, fearless children playing with their fellow siblings madly on roads, trucks and buses speeding high to reach their destination; every thing was moving, everyone were in rush.

Except me. Unlike my usual biking experience, I din't feel bad when others overtook me, din't screwed the throttle to race through the highway overtaking every vehicles on road, din't need to blow the horn even for a single time, I was riding so slowly that even cycles were ahead of me. But I was not worried, I was enjoying this moment, tapping my feet on beats of newly released Vishal Dadlani's song rocking hard on my earphone.

I went passed through a recently closed government office, where once I used to be at my father's shop gazing at the people walking through the highway. I din't have my bike then, nor was I free from school. The scenario is completely different from what it looked like then, but anyway, I enjoyed the glimpse of remembrance that just passed through my head.

I laughed at the place where once I had an accident and fell injured on road (was just a minor injury, but it was so hillarious). Continued my ride to experience the wonderful evening aura...till I reached the Indian Boarder.

Took a U-turn towards Biratnagar through the by-pass road. Here, there were more cycles and ricksaws than buses; and people were rushing hard to reach their destination. Few were playing carom, some having a cup of evening tea, and many were busy buying stuffs on a local market.... But there was a thing common in everything, everything was looking so great today, I was enjoying the moment...and I was no longer bored.

I looked at my bike, even it was shining happily, just that lowering petrol level was a thing to ignore, else it was running pretty smooth.

I visited my sister's house where I enjoyed my cup of evening tea chatting with dear pa about political stuffs and updates about Vietnam. Had a nice time and felt so good talking to mom about recent developments.

I then resumed the song and it soon restarted motivating me with its awesome beats...and I soon found myself back in Biratnagar. I headed straight towards my office where I felt so glad seeing a Bangladeshi cricket player hitting hard at the Indian team...and the story begins....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments here / You may post your comment as an anonymous...